STADE

STREET

GARAGE

LTD 

 
Home

The History of Stade Street Garage.

Initially the premises in Stade Street comprised a garage at the front of the building with a blacksmith situated at the rear.
Records show that from 1907 it was owned by a Mr Davies, up until 1936 when it was sold to Messrs. Walker & Thompson, with a Mr Tooth as a sleeping partner. They ran the garage and the blacksmiths until 1961, when George Gaskin bought the property. He removed the blacksmiths and built a workshop at the rear of the building.

 

In 1964 The Elam family bought the business and in 1965 they were made the Standard Triumph dealers, holding the franchise until 1969.

Son Philip joined the staff in 1969 with younger son Jon in 1971 and they built a fine reputation for excellent service standards, customer care and after sales service that carries on to this day.

The Stade Street site was completely rebuilt in 1990, creating a new state of the art facility.

Stade Street Garage continues to sell nearly new used cars and the workshop continues to service and M.O.T any make and model of vehicle, continuing the tradition of offering helpful friendly advice and services to the town of Hythe.

 

Used Cars
Location